Get in touch to arrange your FREE consultation t. 01884 230703
Roof and wall coating process
SCC Services provide a range of treatments to ensure that your roof, walls, facades and paved / patio areas stay in perfect condition. As certified proPERLA applicators you can be sure that all work undertaken is carried out to the highest standards.
To find out more about a specific process, please click on a link below or contact us to arrange a FREE no obligation quotation.
Roof cleaning & Coating
A thorough cleaning service to remove all unwanted contaminants from your roof tiles or roof surface, ready for the application of an optional protective coating.
Cleaning - Process
- Initially we will take measures to ensure your guttering, downpipes and drains are protected from blockages during the works.
- We will then protect any of the surrounding area ensuring minimal disruption by the works.
- Deep clean the roof removing any moss, lichen, mould & algae growth.
- Make any remedial repairs, EG change damaged tiles, re- point ridge tiles and eves (if required).
- Spray with biocide to kill off and inhibit re-growth.
- Remove from site, any detritus caused by the works and dispose of appropriately.
Clear coating (Optional)
Application of a transparent waterproof coating to protect your roof from future contaminants and weather damage using scientifically proven proPERLA products.
Clear coating - Process
- All points of cleaning process.
- Apply ProPerla water repellent clear coating to the roof in order to further inhibit re-growth & help protect from the elements for at least the following 10 years.
Colour coating (Optional)
Application of a coloured waterproof coating to protect your roof from future contaminants and weather damage using scientifically proven proPERLA products.
Colour coating - Process
- All points of cleaning process.
- Mask off & protect all areas not to be painted including immediate surrounding area.
- If necessary, using specialist equipment, spray roof with ProPerla primer.
- Using specialist equipment, spray roof with colour coating in order to further inhibit re-growth & help protect from the elements for at least the following 10 years.
Moss, algae & litchen removal
The importance of Moss, algae and litchen removal
Most roofs will experience moss or lichen growth, and small patches of growth are usually not a problem. If the moss growth is allowed to develop further, it can become a problem for your roof.
During our process, your roof will be entirely deep cleaned using specialist cleaning equipment. After the deep clean, moss prevention biocide will be applied to the roof with specialist spraying equipment.
Roof Moss: Why is it a problem?
Moss acts like a sponge absorbing large amounts of moisture and resulting in your roof being constantly wet. If this moisture travels underneath the tiles, it could rot the wooden components of the roof, threatening structural integrity and leading to costly repairs
The main benefit of a pitched roof is the easy drainage of precipitation due to the sloped angle. However, moss can obstruct the path of the water by absorbing the moisture instead of letting it drain away.
Moss can break off and fall into gutters or downpipes, blocking your drainage system. If this issue is not spotted, it could potentially lead to parts of your drainage system requiring replacement
Roof moss could potentially attract bird and insect life, which is not beneficial for the aesthetic value of your roof, e.g. defactation. Birds can also break up moss, dislodging these pieces and causing them to drop into your gutters or downpipes.
Roof tiles with water ingress can more easily be damaged by frost.
Wall / Facade cleaning and coating
Wall cleaning and waterproofing services
SCC Services provide a range of treatments to ensure that your walls stay in perfect condition. To find out how we can help to maintain your property, please contact us to arrange a FREE no obligation quotation.
Throughout any process, we take measures to ensure that parts and areas of the property not to be coated are masked off and or covered with sheeting for protection. After coatings have been applied, we will then clean and remove any exhausted materials to leave the property clean and tidy.